4.28.2003

The members of WAWI (Women Artists and Writers International) have helped me a lot in bringing out the voices inside me. I take consolation from the fact that I am not alone in my writing dilemma, that even them, writers seasoned by frequency and time, do have trouble thinking of topics to write about, or, even, actually getting their asses to a chair, to sit and write. One of them quoted the great Stephen King, I think it was Lore Kemsley, that the secret to being a successful writer is having the patience to sit and write. Yes, despite the fact that the broom calls out to you, or the mess on the floor tries to lure you to pick them up. It does sound like a writer becomes a slob at some point, but I guess all of us do keep our mess lying around at all times. Physical. Emotional. Intellectual. So there's no excuse really for me not to write.

Yeah, easy for me to say that now that I have this lightbulb in my head. There are moments when I don't feel like writing anything, at all. Depression gets to me, sometimes. I try to push it back and do more worthy things, but I'm just human and I do give in to weakness in one way or the other. A friend of mine told me, "You should not let other people define your happiness." (Thanks, M) Right now, my problem is the primary reason why I am unable to write. Perhaps people are right. I should try focusing all my energies into things that merit me something; where I could get something good in return. I'm thinking about getting The Artist's Way with my next paycheck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home