11.24.2003

IS THIS EVENTOLOGY?

So you must be wondering what happened with me and Mandy Moore. I’d say it was a near-hit. And no, I don’t mean HIT as in me brushing shoulders with her and all that shit, but HIT meaning me seeing her in person, albeit meters away. I would like to die now, please kill me.

I was just falling in line (I arrived at 9pm), elbowing my way into the stinking mad crowd when Mandy’s sweet voice boomed through the speakers. Yes, folks. She was already performing and I was still in line, trying to salvage myself from the leering eyes of hiphopping honchos who probably forgot to brush their teeth (and take a bath!).

I was trying to drown out the noise of the jologging crowd around me who were yelling “ayay putang-ina may snatser!” or “woohoo mandeeeeee! Ay lab yu!”. I tried to listen to her, I really did. But at the heightened part of her Can We Still Be Friends rendition, a wannabe at my side tried to sing along, causing all my auditory organs to come at a complete standstill. Come on, it’s Mandy’s turn to sing, go take your freaking concert where your mom is so she can applaud you!

To make the story short, I was still outside when she finished her number. As soon as my feet (trampled on and bruised) stepped inside the yero-contained field, I was already looking at Francis M. Why oh why oh why???

Anyway, the MTV Summit was a blast altogether but I didn’t stick around long to enjoy the rest of the party. Because I came late, all the food stalls had been cleaned out and I was damn hungry. I had to leave an hour after I got in. I needed food, baby! I only went as far as seeing Parokya ni Edgar perform the overplayed Mister Swabe. And with all the jologging’s dancing around, I knew I had to get out. FAST.

And so there goes what I thought would be a peaceful viewing of the newest teen sensation. I got home at 10:30PM and resigned to my usual hobby of staring at the bare wall.

Should I say “yey” now?

*Text just got in. I’m going to the NU Rock Awards. Hmm… this I expect to be more brutal than the Summit. But I’m going anyway. Wish me a controlled temper and a temporary lapse in profanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home