1.06.2004

Mantic, but Frantic

Before I boarded the plane back to Manila, I somehow knew that it was going to be a relatively stress-free January compared to 2003.

First, I began to master the art of putting money aside for the rainy days. From what I have heard from my finance-conscientious mother, repeatedly till my ears rang, money does not grow on trees. And since it doesn't, you have to shed sweat, tears and even blood, to get it. In her words, "How can you ensure a bright future when you only have as little as a maintaining balance in your ATM account?" She is the guru of financial handling. I had to listen to her or die in debt.

Second, I started realizing that Animator is not as weird as everyone thinks he is. In fact, he is probably one of the nicest guys I've ever shared a lollipop with. The good projects coming his way reflect his good nature. And, well, his good nature affects my mood. In short, I began the year with a smile on my face. If I were to be faithful to Chinese beliefs, a smile at the beginning of the year means more smiles for the rest of 2004.

Third, I seem to be more inspired to write. I recall 'writing more' as one of my resolutions. It's high time I get those ideas out of my head and onto paper. It's time I break out of my shell and mingle with people who have more experience than I do and stop being such a frigid bitch when it comes to advice.

Fourth, I have a feeling that money won't be that elusive anymore. This relates to my developing saving prowess, which I pray (and will even offer a virgin IF I find one) will continue until the day I die. In addition, I heard that the office raises pay every January and July. Even a measly one is enough to raise my spirits. Better that than nothing, right? I am so thankful I didn't splurge during the holidays. So, yes, my 'katas ng Pasko' is still intact, and I intend to leave it untouched until my birthday. That's 6 months from now.

Today, I relish the thought of having a good year ahead.

---

However, on a sad note, I still haven’t enrolled in the gym. And I snuck one bite size bonbon into my mouth just minutes ago. The no-sugar diet for two weeks is harder than I thought. And it's only my second day. Boooooo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home