5.04.2004

I've been sickly these past few days. The soreness in my throat since last week has not subsided yet, despite my near-addiction to anaesthetic gargles and antibiotics. I skipped work yesterday to rest; that, in addition to my aching muscles from attempting to be athletic during our weekend Banahaw trip. The spirits probably thought it was time I gave myself a break and "awarded" me an illness to stop me from overexerting myself. Because no way would I let anything in my path when it comes to working; well, unless I get sick. And so here they go, in various forms, sore throats, muscle pains, flu, fever, allergies, asthma, name it.

We've scheduled the Davao trip on May 28 to 30; but it's not final, as Animator has yet to see if the TV network his company is providing services for does not give the fresh batch of shots for two new shows then. I do hope they give it in June, instead. Animator does need to unwind, too. He's been working his ass day and night and has gotten hardly enough sleep. He even forgets to shave his goatee and get a haircut. I wouldn't be surprised if someday I'd be walking around the mall with Cousin It.

Anyway, there's not much creative to write these days. I've been swamped with work left and right, and while I rarely have time to write creatively, I also am thankful for the successive stints given me recently. The writing profession is like showbusiness. When the projects are pouring in, never say NO and make sure you've saved enough money for the dreaded dry spell; when you'd be tearing at your skin, wondering why no assignments or projects are being offered. While they're there, be the Energizer bunny, and think of getting sick as a chance to edit some manuscripts and write those backlogs.

Now doesn't that say a lot about the kind of person I am?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home