5.07.2004

LORD, TAKE ME NOW!!!!

Okay, so I was absentmindedly browsing through my three emails, scanning invites and calls for submission, replying "yes", "no", "how much" all too repeatedly already, when LO AND BEHOLD, a message arrives with the subject "travel writing". Bored me opens the e-mail, about to go ho-hum once again, expecting an author wannabe to ask me to write her book for her (I swear! This happens!), when I saw where it came from: M&C Saatchi. Yipes!

For one, I don't remember EVER sending an application to any of the hotshot advertising agencies. Why, I never really had the courage to send ANY expressions of intent to work for even the smaller ad agencies! I mean, my gahd, I'm not ready to take them on just yet! Kulang pa ako sa marinade to be a worthy grill specialty! Noooooooo! But there it was right before me. It said "Hi Vanessa!", from Singapore.

Ewan ko na kung ano gagawin ko. But I found myself dragging the cursor to the reply button and replying with a big YES. It's a freelance gig; but, nevertheless, the opportunity was opened to ME. I really must be doing something fantastic with my life to deserve all the good things that are happening to me. Now I wonder how they got hold of my email. Nah! I don't care if they saw it etched on the wall of some public toilet. The important thing is.... the window has opened.

And the scarier part of the whole scenario is.... I am hesitant. F*king kuneho! Am I even ready for this kind of stint? Shiiiiiiiiiiit.... pressure, pressure. Now I wait for their reply.

*Faints*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home