9.26.2003

It's Friday and, still, I haven't begun writing that 1350-word feature article due tomorrow, nor have I transcribed the taped interview. That means I will have to lose sleep over it tonight. Either that or I forego the Pinoy Writers workshop I've long wanted to attend. My vote's on the second option. I don't think I have the drive to do any writing tonight. I plan on watching that Asian horror flick Inner Senses. If it's good, I am yet to find out.

Better than Once Upon a Time in Mexico. Although my friends have been urging me to see it, I have a nasty aversion to movies that have protagonists looking like they haven't taken a bath for months. I'm sorry. I just hate shiny noses. Add that to the fact that there's hardly anything original with the title. This I noticed with the influx of new movies. The titles are either rehashes from old ones, or taken from some stupid song. I surmise that with the increasing dependence of man on technology and things material, creativity and imagination has slowly gone down the drain.

And so I prefer the formulaic Japanese or Chinese horror flicks. At least, I get scared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home