1.07.2004

Cooking Lesson 1

When cooking adobo, make sure the amount of vinegar you pour into the mix is proportionate to the amount of soy sauce you drenched the meat with. Use a measuring cup, or anything that resembles it, to do this. Do not assume you are a cooking guru, or that you are related to Ming Tsai, and pour the liquid seasonings directly from the bottle. You will not succeed.

Okay so I attempted to cook pork adobo last night. I would have waited for my valiant cook to arrive but seeing that it was already 10pm and he has not shown his shadow, I braved the wild. The result, an dish looking like adobo but tasting like vinegar. Yes, folks. I put in too much vinegar into it, forgetting that it does not evaporate when boiled. And no, not even water saved it.

So when THE COOK finally arrived an hour late, he had no choice but accept that I was a cook out of practice (I don't want to say terrible, because it really wasn't that bad). Lucky for him, I churned a safety-net dish in the form of sauteed sayote with ground beef. At least the latter tasted decent.

We decided to overhaul the adobo dish the next day by adding liver spread to it. The sour taste was still there, but heck, it doesn't make us gag to death anymore. The revived adobo became brunch and almost earned is place as my baon for the day.

But I didn't bring baon anymore. I am supposed to be on a diet and I again cheated by popping two chocolate bonbons from our boss this morning. I wonder if Animator ever reads this blog. He would be furious when he finds out I have not been faithful to his decree.

----
Today like no tomorrow?

On another note, one of my old crushes called me at the office today. Should I believe him when he tells me he just wants to hear my voice? haha! How very high school, but I was Kilig nevertheless. He asked me out to dinner but I politely declined. Gone are the days when I juggled dates. I am now committed, thank you. (Though sometimes, I can't help but wonder... what if...)

After all, I'm young and have my whole life ahead of me. Should I have said YES? Dinner lang naman, di ba?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home