10.16.2003

I'm currently trying to finish a novel after not having so for 3 months now. There is a pile of fresh books in my box at home that I never had the time to read. However, since in order to write, I must learn to re-orient myself with the printed word, I figured it wouldn't do much harm to my feignly busy schedule if I would just pick one randomly and begin reading. Of course, making sure I finish it. Right now, I'm on middle of Milan Kundera's highly intriguing book, Identity. While I do not enjoy reading Kundera that much because he likes shifting characters from real to unreal (which can be confusing if you were really aiming at a no-brainer, philosophy-reduced read), I cannot help but succumb to the emotion that he oh-so-profusely throws back at me.

Here's part of the back-cover text:

There are situations in which we fail for a moment to recognize the person we are with, in which the identity of the other is erased, while we simultaneously doubt our own. This also happens with couples -- indeed, above all with couples, because lovers fear more than anything else "losing sight" of the loved one.

The book is available at all leading bookshops. I assure you that you will as enamored with it as I am. It's a love story, yes, but one written with artfulness you would never think of wanting to purchase wine to go with cheese. haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home