10.10.2003

I am so bored today that I even managed to wipe all the things on my desk with alcohol. Not that I wanted to really disinfect my stuff, because I don't care. There is absolutely nothing else to do here besides sulk, and I've done that already. My boredom has even gone beyond my Catholic schoolgirl education and led me to search my friends names over the Internet. I discovered that there are quite a number of articles that include my name. I also unearthed some juicy information about a good friend's dating history.

I am tempted to just walk out of the office and curl up in a cafe somewhere. I brought a very thick paperback copy of Neil Gaiman's American Gods with me. It was intended to save me from the void but I can't seem to do any reading, or anything creative for that matter in this office. Maybe I should just go downstairs in a few minutes and lounge about at the nearest Seattle's Best coffeshop. However, thinking that I do have to return to the office to punch out after 8 makes me have second thoughts.

That's how lazy I am. I'd rather blog nonsense and stare at the moving cars below than savor the comfort of a good cup of coffee and a huge cushioned chair. WhY? Because I don't want to have to walk 3 minutes to Seattles and back another 3 minutes to the office when the clock strikes 8. ARgh. I wish we had a room where employees could rest. Sort of like that room in some Japanese restaurant in Japan (duh) that allegedly contained things you could destroy at will, that is, for relief from stress. Now who was the friend who told me that again? I don't remember. Whether it exists or not, I wish somebody in the Philippines or in this office would be crazy enough to recreate such a room. So people who are terribly bored and stressed and empty, like me, can have a place for release.

I sense this blog would get longer, because, as the obvious projects, I have nothing else to do. The office TV is in the conference room and is not connected to cable programming. It used to be in the pantry but they had to move it for some presentation. I wish they'd put it back so I could watch Just Shoot Me at 7:30. I have an evil idea of just leaving the office before 8. I don't think anybody would notice. Everyone's eyes are glued to their respective computers. Or I could just tell a lie and say I'll be back when I won't.

Good idea? It does sound like one but I'd rather not risk losing my job. Right now, the only things available for me to do is walk to the pantry and get water from the dispenser. Because, though the office regularly supplies coke to its employees, it is not scheduled to stock up until next week. so that means, there is no Coke in the fridge and I only have water to drink. NO TV. No Coke. No activity. No Life.

I'm complaining because I'm bored. I have other things to do besides sit around and sulk. But I can't do anything about it, can I? I feel the urged to hide under one of the long tables and sleep. We have wall to wall carpeting anyway.

Sucks. To death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home