11.12.2003

ON BAISTER and CLAVIO'S SHINDIG

Since Friendster is beginning to be boring and saturated, a good friend suggested last night all Bisaya in the world should get together and form their own online networking site called "Baister". "Bai" is a Bisaya term used to refer to a friend. As in "Kumusta na man ka bai?"(How are you my friend?). This is a good one, right? I mean, amid all the brouhaha over making Bisaya the national language, why not begin the campaign by creating a site that showcases the language?

Of course, I'm all for it. Bisaya ako. And proud. :)

On another note, I was also told this morning of what really happened to Villaruel at NAIA. According to my bubwit (haha, feeling AM radio), newscaster Arnold Clavio was apparently on the phone, live on air, with Villaruel when the shootings commenced. And yes, he died during a live patch. And another yes, the voices of the gunman were heard, as well as Villaruel's surrender. (What's wrong with this country?!) There is evidence on hand and most of us still believe GMA's statement saying there should be no cause for alarm and it was just some silly plot to destabilize the government!

Uh, right. Put#$!@$%

Arnold Clavio must be partying left and right for the controversial coverage. And ABS CBN must be green with envy.

With all the excitement that's going on in journalism, I think I'll just drop all my dreams of writing the great novel and go for broke. If Arnold was able to get this piece and Pia Hontiveros was able to make Erap admit he was Jose Velarde, then maybe Vanessa can make Neil Armstrong admit he never walked on the moon.

Such is apathy on my part. Kill me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home