12.04.2003

Electronica 101

Yesterday's Axe Music Clinic had me leaving the place with an overdose of Electronica. When I took the job, I thought it would be a music appreciation cum fashion show of sorts, pero nooooo... info session pala siya on the history and subgenres of electronica: meaning, house, trance, techno and all things in between.

It was informative but I didn't appreciate it too much. Just imagine being at a sit-down rave at 6 o'clock in the evening. The food was good, at least.

I made a new friend from Pulp. Together, we snickered at one of the speaker DJ's (who I will not name) for his lack of knowledge on the subject. He kept telling us all about trance while playing this song in the background, pero day, he wasn't playing anything close to electronica. It was tribal! Kakatuwa, ang cute.

I'm not really a fan of the music but it's a good therapy for post-dayjob stress. Plus, I got a new jacket. haha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home