12.02.2003

I just read my crush Igan’s take on the Nescafe event and my heart was crushed to pieces. I blame my parents for not buying me comic books and introducing me to the realm of artistry when I was younger. I grew up maiming my Barbie dolls and playing house in that little bahay-kubo my grandfather had built for me in Zamboanga. I oriented myself with the media through That’s Entertainment, GMA Supershow and Ultraman.

No, I did not know who the Transformers were, nor did I ever watch a single episode of Voltes Five. I only knew Superman and Wonderwoman. Batman, The Green Hornet and the rest of the gang only came much much later in life (when I began collecting Marvel cards in grade four). Further introduction to Liberty Meadows, Ronin, Squee and Asian movies only began when I started seeing animator.

Woe to the girl who got so tangled up in pop culture she never knew who Mazinger Z and Doraemon were. And this girl was born in 1981.

Reading his article, I was comforted by the fact that he took a different angle on the event. So I really can’t compare. Namangha lang ako kasi ang dami niyang alam na superhero characters. Boohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home