1.19.2004

Finally...

I met Mrs Santos last Saturday when Animator called me at around 12 noon to join them at Megamall. She was shopping for home appliances for him and for their other relatives. I told him I'd be glad to make an appearance but would have to evaporate by 1:00 to go to the Science Fiction Convention at Rockwell.

Anyway, I remember Animator telling me before that his mother was really stern and was not afraid to speak her mind. So if she didn't like, then she'd definitely not waste a moment to make me feel it. And so there I was, looking a pink and girly, face to face with the Dark Overlord. She leaned over when I said 'Hi, good afternoon, po." and kissed my cheek!!!!

I was prepared just to do the handshake, for safety purposes. You know how some mother's don't like the girlfriends to be all pa-close and stuff, but this particular mother actually appeared to like me! (Thanks to St Ives Apricot Scrub and Body Shop Papaya Soap)

According to Animator, this is what she said after we met.

"Okay naman. Maputi siya and mukhang edukada. And hindi siya parang kung sinu-sino lang."

Can I jump for joy now??? She gave me a cheongsam-inspired shirt, a tank top, chocolates and lipstick. Wow, may pasalubong pa pala ako.

When I told some of my friends, one of them had the gall to ask if they were gonna hear wedding bells, soon. NO. It's only five months into our relationship and marriage is still faaaaaaaaaar from our plans. We don't even have enough money to pay our monthly bills, much less support each other. And, really, 5 months isn't enough to make THAT final decision. We just go with the flow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home