1.18.2004

Pulse dancing

Dancing was never my forte. Sure I could gyrate obsessively in packed club, but when all critical eyes and cameras are on me showing off my moves at a rather spacious pseudo-stage, I would definitely feign illness and drop to the floor. Friday night, when that awful cameraman from one of the major networks pointed to me and Fran to join the impromptu dance contest, I almost died.

So what if Brad Turvey was actually pulling my hand to the dance floor? Heck I wouldn't dance in front of so many media people even if it meant a trip to the Bahamas! But I did. The Miss Dying to be an Artista in me took over and I shyly (f*king kuneho) followed him to the front with Fran. We were paired with this guy from MB because the contest called for 2 girls and guy. And guess what? We had to follow the dance steps of what is destined to be the newest sensation all around the Metro in the coming weeks.

The lights blinded me. Thinking that since we were already there, embarrassing ourselves, we might as well win that damned thing. We had a nemesis in people from WT. At least, we weren't the only ones making asses of ourselves onstage. Fran said something about not wearing her dancing shoes. Wow, if I had been wearing MY so-called dancing shoes, I still wouldn't be able to follow the steps.

We won, nevertheless. I'm sure it wasn't the dancing prowess as we HARDLY moved at all. The PR people said we hooked the grand prize with our final pose with the guy. And of course, the smiles. Charming.

Post chaos, Fran and I played pa-cool starstruck girlies and braved facing Brad Turvey to have our pictures taken with him. Of course, we didn't gush all over the guy! With all our drool trapped inside, we made sure we kept our mouths shut lest they be all over the place.

What made the night complete, however, was the discovery that we have been awarded portable Audio/VCD players the size of Discmans (with remote controls!). And probably some TV exposure. As Fran I joked, this is step 2 to breaking into showbiz. Fantastic! (Now if I could only convince Animator to make me an extra in Kakabakaba….)

They say you look ten pounds heavier on television. Say hello to Dabiana when you guys see me on TV. But don't blink or you'll lose me.

Frannie, if you're reading this, I really had fun. I know I said I'm way past all that partying till you drop moments but what we did catapulted me back to how I was in college, only tamer. Hahaha! After all, we did go home by 10 o'clock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home