2.08.2004

Swollen

Even with the ascending stream of runarounds and working-like-a-dog-at-22 activities, I never broke down. I was too close to unbreakable. At times, I wished I was sick just to get away.

Last week, I found my match. It was with a swollen infected throat. The origin, I have no idea; but it was enough to have me lay in bed for two, three days and "rest".

How does a person whose life eternally circles on activity and pressure ever think of rest? I left a lot of projects hanging, deadlines unmet and people down because I had to get some alone time and wait for the ghastly expensive antibiotics to take effect.

I'm still at it, by the way. But I decided to get back to work lest I use up all my leave credits. Sicko workaholic.

Perhaps this is Life's way of telling me to slow down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home