10.23.2003

Note: Something is terribly wrong with Blogger. For the past two days, I've been typing on a screen that allows me to see only one line from my text. That means, I won't be able to review what I've written. Well, unless i scroll up the mini bar on the right side and read line by line. I hope they get to fix it soon. I wonder who I should complain to.

Anyway, Inquirer finally sent me a message and we're having that much anticipated meeting tomorrow at 5pm. I will have to come to work earlier than 1pm to get a good head start if I'm to leave the office for about 2 hours. It's a good thing that the PDI office is near mine. I won't have to worry about the traffic too much. I just hope it doesn't rain. It'll cramp my style. (As if meron) They asked us to bring a Fashion find. I am tempted to bring the scarf I dug out from the grandmother's closet about two years ago. I think she bought it from one of her trips in Paris. I use the scarf on my head when I'm having a bad hair day, or on my big bayong to drive away criticism that I'm bringing rice and vegetable (and a live hen) inside my bag. I suppose they'll ask us to reveal the price of the item so they could post it on the paper. I'm no shopper and most of my stuff come from my grandmother's cabinet. She was a fashionista during her younger years. I even have this red shoe while black stripes that look so funky I can't imagine she dared wear those some years back. That will probably single me out from the bunch. I rummage through my family's old clothes and hardly buy things for myself. Yeah, I should tell them that tomorrow. Worst case scenario, if they demand it to be something I bought from some flea market, I would whip out my famous red trenchcoat. It's not cheap but it's an excellent fashion find.

*Happy birthday to my grandmother, Lilia Alvarez Doctor. She is celebrating it today with the rest of the clan at Insular Hotel Davao City. While I, the lost child, eat McDonald's Chicken Happy Meal with a Timon pencilcase on my 1:00-8:00 job in Metro Manila. I realized, after discovering I need to pay 24,000 to cover my half of two months rent for my and Hazel's new 2bedroom flat, I have begin munching on salt with extra rice for the next few weeks. The worst part of paying rent is the initial month.

We're moving in next week. I have no bed. No fan. No sofa. Neither does my cousin. We have no ref. No TV. And we have a humongous bill to pay. Add that to 2,000 in monthly association dues, parking fees, and moving in fees.

From now on, we will starve ourselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home