11.13.2003

CABOODLES

It pisses me the way cab drivers "subconsciously" hound you for a "dagdag" to the meter bill.

You cannot just say NO and risk having them harass you with sudden break, 360 degree turns and mounting hostility. Not in this weather. They sure know how to take advantage of desperation amid the rain!

They give you these sullen faces and go on a short speech on "pakiusap" if you could add a little to the bill. And then they go on with the poverty in this country and how lucky I am to have a job in Makati.

Manong, I am NOT rich and I can't even pay my bills on time.

I wonder what he would say if I added piso. He said "a little", right? The standard tip here is between 10 and 20 pesos AND that's ONLY when the driver deserves a tip! So for a ride that legitimately cost you 80 pesos, you'd have to dish out 100 pesos and not expect change.

Freaking M.O. Damn this city!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home